While the dust on iPhone 5s launch is just settling, rumors have started doing rounds regarding iPhone 6 launch which is expected in 2014 that is next year. While Apple has been tight-lipped about it so far, there have been some tidbits of information about the possible appearance and specs of iPhone 6.
While iPhone5s did give some kind of a quantum leap with its new 64 bit processor and M7 co-processor and commendable improvements in the imaging capabilities, very few is as yet known about iPhone 6.
Release date: The release date is likely to be in 2014 with multiple sources saying there are high chances of it being in June. Although it is quite likely that they may delay it to September 2014 to allow iPhone 5s a full one year.
iPhone sizes and casing: There is certainly no clear consensus on this one in the market; while some say there may be up to three variants according to their size like mini, normal, XL, one can’t ignore the fact that manufacturing different sizes may prove to be a nightmare. Rumors from multiple sources suggest that Apple could put in a transparent plastic casing with metal insides which will enable us to see the inside of the phone.
Features: iPhone 6 promises a lot features which are sure to raise eyebrows:
- iPhone 6 will at last use NFC and to top it, will have a better battery.
- OS: iPhone 6 will operate on iOS7. iOS 7 is in itself a radical change and its design is now very much pretty, similar to the Android.
- Storage: In terms of storage, nothing is clear as of now; however, indications are that Apple may put in a 128 GB storage capacity to match its iPad and although it may be exorbitantly priced, it expects buying from the elites.
- Home button: Business Insider said that out of the number of prototypes, one of them has a large Retina+IGZO display and the latest form factor has no home button. It may include gesture control though.
- Screen: It will have 1080p Full HD resolution. Apple insiders have uncovered patents filed by Apple regarding a morphing technology that can hide cameras and lenses; however, it is highly unlikely that it will make its way into iPhone 6. Emirates 24/7 has reported that it may even incorporate a transparent and ultra-sensitive touchscreen.
- Processor: May incorporate A7 quad-core.
There are a lot more things that will be incorporated in iPhone 6, but let’s wait till next year – by then, things will be a lot clearer. Till then, let’s get ready for the release of iPhone 5s.